Tuesday, May 20, 2014

A Faux Chalkboard Window & Some Changes in Our Corner Cupboard

Vintage windows always get my attention and I love using them in our decor as well as doing something special with them to pass them on for sale.

This double paned oldie is now a useful organizer/memo board and is waiting for a new home.


It looks like chalkboard, but just a little neater. I just painted the back black and attached a white, paint marker to write lists, notes and to-do's.

Eight bronze hooks were added for hanging all sorts of things.



I had a really hard time parting with it!

That's because I really love my Italian, linen, tea towel that I framed a few years ago.....I don't think that I'm ready to part with it or should I?

I retired some of the dishes to the storage cabinet to make room to display more of my white ironstone in our corner cupboard.

Many of the pieces are Goodwill finds.

This was a real oldie that I just couldn't pass up for 2.99

And this is my vintage, mid 1800's, platter that I scapped up from there, too. I love it stains, crazing and all!

It's signed Thomas Hughes Burslem.



I added a few roosters here and there.

Beatrice and Mathew were my grandparents and these were their vintage egg cups.


This was another GW steal for just 2.99

It's an old toleware, hand painted, cup.

Signed in old English.



That's all for this post :)

  Love, Hugs and Kisses,


JP
and Gucci, too!



Visiting Southport,  N.C? be sure to stop by my booth @ the Northrop Antiques Mall and see what I may have there for you!


A very special "thank you" to Dawn from wecallitjunkin for featuring this post on her blog!

    Sharing this post at these great parties

knickoftime  
cedarhillfarmhouse

lifeonlakeshoredrive  
  frenchcountrycottage
craftsalamode  
staceyembracingchange  
wecallitjunkin  

6 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Your message board turned out great, Janet. I can see that would come in handy in a small area, especially with the hooks. Love your framed tea towel. If you still love it, I say you've got to keep it!

chateau chic said...

The chalkboard window is fabulous!! I love it and would have a hard time parting with that. You have a great collection of ironstone pieces.
Mary Alice

Art and Sand said...

Love that message board.

I am looking for a vintage window for my garden.

Anonymous said...

What a great idea your faux chalkboard is - I can't wait to try one! Less mess! I'll be featuring this at the History & Home party next week, so be sure to come back Tuesday morning to have a look. Thanks for partying with us ~ Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

Unknown said...

Your chalkboard window is wonderful! I enjoyed the tour through all your lovely things. :-)
I hope you have a blessed Memorial weekend!
Kim @ Curtain Queen Creates

Simply Suzannes at Home said...

Suzanne of Simply Suzannes at Home

Hi JP! Thanks so much for coming by and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every one of them. Comments lead me to meet new bloggers like you!
Thanks again . . . I'm off to visit your blog :0)
Have a great week,
Suzanne