Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Valentine's Day Mantel in Red, White, Rhinestones & Gold

The most romantic time of year for decorating is here and time for me to share the changes I made to our mantel for the very special occasion.
Here is the mantel candlescape with hearts and a theme of red, white, rhinestones and gold.


 A few of the things that were part of the Christmas look managed to stay around for the new Valentine's day do.
You can see the centerpiece tray, if you missed it here.

A fabric heart, that I made last year, is centered in a vintage gold frame as the feature of the mantel decor.

Two brass hearts and one treasured gold locket complete the arrangement with my handmade pillow inside.

 Pearl head pins suspend the hearts leaving only the tiniest holes behind.


Prettier than a plain old picture in red, white and gold.

A few scattered petals make any romantic creation complete.

Vintage bottles always look prettier with some rhinestone glam.

I moved the gold glass heart from the tray on the suitcase where it was for Christmas and placed it on the Venetian tray here.

A simplified vignette with a pop of red is featured to the right of the hearth to keep with the color scheme.

And then I made one last li'l change..I think I like it better!


This was how it looked for the Holiday.

Now, I'll leave you with a simple edit in black and white.

I've got one last post to do...a tablescape for the day of  LOVE that is right around the corner.


Love, Hugs and Kisses,
JP

and Gucci, too!

  

3 comments:

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

You are so creative JP. Love your creative thoughts. The mantel looks lovely. Thanks again for linking to Table It.

Our Hopeful Home said...

I absolutely love how you used 3-D art for your creation. It's lovely! And I love all the white as well. Your Christmas mantel was special, too:) Thansk for sharing at Vintage Charm. Hope to see you there again this week at tomorrow's party! xoKathleen

She Yarns Crochet said...

Adorable Valentine's Day decor. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Merry Monday.